Saturday, April 12, 2014

11 April 2014 - Glenn Dale Golf Club

Got out to play with a co-woker on Thursday after work at Glenn Dale Golf Club.  I was a member at Glenn Dale for two season and enjoyed it as a club.  Short course, the greens are small, tilted heavily from back to front so you MUST keep it below the hole to minimize 3 putting.  There's some elevation changes with elevated tee boxes or fairways sloping up to greens requiring you to club up. If you play from the blue tees you'll be challenged with positioning off the tee. You'll need to hit it either to the right or left of the fairway and long enough to have a clear shot at the green.

3rd round of the year... more positive signs!  To shoot under par you have to score.

Upside?  I drove the ball well off the tee, excellent wedge play (setup three of four birdies) and solid putting lead to four birdies.  The grip is feeling very natural now and combined with the pre-shot routine and good tempo to hit solid shots.

Downside?  Two things... uneven lies lead to poor balance and thin shots and fitness.  I'm walking every round to build up stamina and frankly, my legs were dead after the walk up the hill on 16.  I started pushing the ball when I couldn't get to my front leg on the downswing.  Esentially I had 4 bad holes off of a couple mishits, the unfortunate bounce off of the cartpath that went OB and the three putts.

Promising though even with a final score of +7.  

Next up?  TGAA Tour  event at Lake Presidential.

No comments:

Post a Comment