Thursday, January 1, 2015

Swing Check Today - 1 January 2015

Long break but that's real life right? Work and family with holidays and health.  December was all about being sick, shopping, end of year projects and setting up for Christmas.  November was similar for Thanksgiving. BUT I never stopped thinking about golf and doing my drills.  

My October post was all I worked on every time I passed a golf club and todays checkup proved it was worth it. The backswing position checked out according to the coach.  However, my historic problem with distance from the ball cropped up again... turns out it's the reason I was there...

I went to the range 27 December 2014. I was at Golfsmith in Tyson's the week before that and was there again today before my mini checkup... I have been KING of the hook.  Balls starting on line and hooking left of the target by a little or alot! 

Cause?  At golfsmith, SMALL GRIPS + too far from the ball. At the range, too far from the ball. Result?  That extra inch away has my reaching a little. Brendan says it leads to me basically over releasing - toe closes and ZIP... hook/draw.  Also my body stops rotating so armsy swing...

FIX: Better routine getting into the setup position with posture closer to the ball and taller chest w/ arms hanging.  It allows me to get back to the ball without reaching.  

The 2nd problem of not continuing my rotation led to stepping out of the swing ... off balance led to little pushes. If I keep my core turning I striped it. Later I will write up the steps I need to follow to get into that good setup position.  

I think this is going to be the KEY to my 2015 season.  If I can get closer and comfortable and get that rotation I'll swing in better balance and improve balls striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment