Saturday, October 18, 2014

200 balls...

Working on the "new move" from Brendan today.  Trying to do a couple things and actually one went well. After the Wednesday 15 October 2014 lesson I was still laying the club open on the backswing. As you can see in the video below at Fort Belvoir during lunch.  If I made a casual enough swing of about 80% I could feel a delayed release.  However, my backswing was my nemisis ...wagging the club open leading to a stuck right elbow:



However, today?  I figured out how to hinge the club withot laying it off.  It's the left hands job to cock the wrist/club up into a set position with a flat left wrist.  I am using the heal pad of my left hand to push down on the end of the grip as I get outside my right thigh.  That motion will get the club up at a 90 degree angle to my forearm but still allow good arm extension and my right elbow folding properly up instead of the club being pulled inside and into a laid off position.

I found a video that matches what I felt today.  I discovered the below method of "Hinge with the left hand" by "pressing down on the butt of the club" today at the range but he explains it well.


No comments:

Post a Comment