Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mush Round at Renditions 1-4-2015

Wow, who can shoot a 78 after not playing or hitting any balls for 3 months?  I can.  It coulda/shoulda/woulda been a 72 but you count every stroke for the conditions you play.

It was a soggy round at Renditions on Sunday because it had rained tons. Greens were slow and I didn't adjust quickly enough (1st hole 3 putt) However, if the weather gives you 60 degrees on January 9th for $35 YOU TAKE IT AND RUN! 

The "swing check" my coach provided and subsequent quick routine fix to get closer was amazingly insightful.  I feel pretty funny doing the move to get the right distance from the ball but MAN does it work.  I’m super excited at the prospect of how well I can play if I can get comfortable with that setup in my routine

Haven’t played in months and right out the box I shoot a 78 and that includes:
  1. Three putting 3 times (slow mushy greens) 
  2. 3 low light induced bogey’s on the last 3 holes.    
  3. I was +2 through 13 holes and missed two birdie attempts inside 10 feet.  
  4. Wind picked up and I made a double on hole 14, the mock Sawgrass #17
Also, I got to hit the Callaway blades and LOVED them.  Looking forward to Friday Fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment