Friday, March 21, 2014

21 March 2014 - Will we get a round in tomorrow at Queenstown?

It's possible... It's possible.  Might get out with my former co-worker who is also a golf nut.  He's  my polar opposite - taller, stronger, younger and hits it a ton further.  Should be a good test of my putting that I've worked hard on.  

I used to have to give strokes but with his improvement and my time off from the game we are close enough for heads up competition.  Matter of fact he took a first win in a long time off me at the end of last season (Hogs Neck golf course) where he shot a 79 and my rusty old ass shot a 80.  He putted well and I missed too many routine shots.

Tomorrow will be about fairways and greens... maybe even using my 2 hybrid more to get position in the fairway and accepting longer shots into the green.  Depends on how the driver feels with this new setup.  Of course, putting could save me like it did him last year.  I'm excited, this will be the 2nd round of the year before next weeks http://www.tgaatour.com event at Pendleton golf course.  I won't take any bad throughts away from however I play tomorrow, just focused on getting into the tournament mindset and seeing if my putting will help me take advantage of scoring opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment