Monday, March 17, 2014

17 March 2014 - More Snow? More indoor drills...

Great!  More snow.  I was hopeful but not optimistic that the weather would improve, dry up the ground a bit and maybe I could go the the 22 March event at The Federal Club... nope.  More snow means even if it melts the ground will be soggy.  Now hoping we can get a warm-up to improve playing conditions for the 29 March tournament at The Pendleton golf course.

Sooo.... more drills.  Fundamentals is where it's at so I'm working on consistent setup.  Standing really tall with good relaxed arm extension at address and then a nice slow takeaway on my backswing with good balance at the top.  I'm just doing the backswing without a downswing.  See if I can get that permanent and ready for getting on the course.

Also will figure out how to create some 'gates' to place next to the ball and putt through on the basement putting green.  The recent golf digest article on Tiger at the Masters describes this as a part of Tiger's regular routine. I do have some inconsistency of strike on the face of the putter I'd like to improve.




No comments:

Post a Comment