Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It's been a great month... My project from hell has nearly ended, I've played another tournament and shot my all time "in competition" low score  (+1) to win $315 in prizes (I'm an amatuer remember) and I'm being patient on what irons and driver to buy.

The lower body move by itself wasn't the answer. Jonas Blixt... THAT'S THE ANSWER:  He and I have the same problem so I fixed my swing with his advice... My shoulders turn too flat and I get my right elbow behind me and stuck.  The ensuing downswing I'd fold my right side before turning.  I needed to combine the below tip with my earlier blog on my knee movement to create a VERY consistent shot shape of either straight or a slight draw. My miss is now a hook if my body stops turning on the downswing

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2014-09/jonas-blixt-longer-tee-shots#slide=1

":I used to make a flatter shoulder turn and get the club laid off at the top (pointing well left of the target). Then I'd have to re-route the club coming down to hit a solid shot. Now I turn my shoulders on a steeper plane, which makes my downswing easier to repeat. 
Tip: The feeling is that my left shoulder moves down and back and my left wrist is flat at the top. Your body turn should be consistent and efficient—don't rely on hand action to square the clubface."

Remember that feel... steeper with left shoulder going back

The KEY: TEMPO! With the better turn there's a pause to get set into the right hip and then the left knee moves and sets up unwinding hips and shoulders at the same time.

LASTLY: Love that free release feeling with NO FEAR of hook or slice.  Keep the body moving and hands finishing high to hit it square with smoot power and consistent distance

No comments:

Post a Comment