Friday, July 18, 2014

MD Open was tough.  As I was concerned, time spent on full swing impacted preparedness for short game.  However, the fix Brendan put in place led to excellent tee shots, very straight. Felt very confident on the tee on tight tee shots.  Iron shots were hot and cold but I never felt real confident over them for direction or distance.  In the end I decided to shoot at pins with those shaky irons and made bogeys on 5 of the 7 holes I had left to play.  Inflated my final round score.


STROKES LOST: 23

PUTTING: 2 three putts

SAND: 7 (7,11,13,18)

CHIPPING: 6 (3,4,5,8,15,17)

PITCHING: 3 (8,1,15)

TEE SHOTS (Par 4's & 5's): 5 (7,8,9,11)

PLAN OF ACTION:
  • Get back involved with a coach, Brendan Horton. 
  • Come up with a project plan for improvement
  • Get fit (core) to increase consistency, distance and reduce fatigue
  • Get new equipment
  • Roll all learned into our book to help others 

No comments:

Post a Comment