Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'm BACK! Thanks to Brendan Horton out of Olney Golf Park

SOOOO!  Taking Brendan's advice literally as well as a borrowed 3 Wood I played  Cross Creek Tuesday, 8 July 2014.  Maybe jumping out of the car and going straight to the 1st tee wasn't such a smart idea but weather was coming through in 3 hours so I had to play ahead of it...

Although I struggled a bit on the 1st two holes with no warm up by the 2nd shot on hole 3 I had developed a feel and hit the ball solidly.  The real turning point was the tee shot on 4.  I hit my Taylormade 4 hybrid perfectly with the better setup position and wow.   220 dead straight leaving me 150 to the hole.  8 iron was tracking  and left me 12 feet ... good stroke but made par.  Hole 5 I got it to the left side of the green for from 210 from the elevated tee.  For the next several holes tee shots felt free and went straight at my targets.l

In particular was the tee shot on 8. I hit the Titleist 910 FD and it felt great releasing through the ball.  Like an arrow it struck the center of the fairway.  The approach, with the better club alignment, was dead straight but a hair long.  The real fun was hole 9.  Again with the perfectly struck 3 wood.  From 119 my 52 degree wedge landed within a foot of the hole and checked up at 6 feet.... made the birdie.

Each hole after I hit shots online and solidly. When I didn't they were barely offline but on the green.  Hole 13 I hit a driver down wind and caught the hill for a 350 yard drive (again, wind and hill aided but I hit it solid).  Birdie.

STATS: Simple

10 fairways
15 greens
Even Par (+1 front, -1 back)

Now I just need to focus on shortgame to get up and down more consistently in prep for the MD Open st5arting 14 July 2014

GOAL: TOP 40 and make the cut.  It will require smart play, good choices and great putting. I'm confident though, I put on a Super Stroke putter grip and it feels great on the course.  When using the line on the ball my setup feels more solid and the stroke rolls the ball online each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment