Saturday, May 3, 2014

3 May 2014 TGAATour Tournament at Waverly Woods - Finished 3rd

There are good thing about playing rounds where you are grinding from the first hole is you learn you can do it when you don't have your best game.  Shows you when you hit a bad patch you can hold it together.

Sketchy warm-up session.  Irons were spot on but hybrids/driver were fading.  I worked it out but it doesn't leave you feeling good going to the 1st tee. The putting green was bumpy and fast. Chipping and pitching were terrible.  

However, I stayed patient and played conservative.  6 straight pars, I bounced back after the double bogey with a solid par. Throughout the day of grinding I felt like a good approach shot was about to fly off my club. Didn't lose patience and make aggressive pressed shots.

Going forward I have got to focus on shots from uneven lies and approach shot distance control inside 130 yds based on conditions.  I also need to get my driver tuned on a launch monitor, I need more distance (or I need to figure out why I'm fading the ball on normal swings)


What's the good, the bad and the ugly? 

How about bad first:
  • ZERO birdies... 
  • 1 approach shot inside 15 feet 
  • Had a double bogey on a straight forward 190yd Par 3
  • 3 putted from 30 feet on an uphill put
  • Missed 7 greens
The good: I was on the grind today.  Swwing felt loose but I kept it together with smart play
  • Shot a 76 on a 3 handicap which was the 2nd lowest round of the 31 players (lowest was 73)
  • 237.50 in prizes
  • 15 pars off of excellent putting on bouncy fast greens
  • I had 6 one putts today to cover the missed greens
  • No 1st tee gitters
  • Drew the ball well on several holes where I needed it
  • Tee shots on most holes were solid - never put myself in trouble
Ugly: 
  • Only one (1) approach shot from inside 100 yds was inside 15 feet
  • Approach shots were short and long leaving me with long putts on bumpy greens
Statistics:
  • 8 Fairways
  • 11 Greens
  • 31 putts (51 feet of putts made)
  • Six 1 putts, One 3 putt
  • 15 Pars

No comments:

Post a Comment